This course is designed to teach participants how to detect many life-threatening events, conduct high-quality chest compressions, offer proper ventilations, and use an AED as soon as possible and follows The American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care include research and teaching (ECC).
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Understanding the basic life support requirements
- Understanding the safe use of an automated external defibrillator
- How to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- How to demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- How to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
Learners will get the knowledge and practical skills necessary to deal with a variety of first-aid emergencies and safely utilise an AED during the course.
Who is Eligible: If you are interested in furthering your emergency first aid skills, or already take part in an organised first aid scheme, then this course would suit you. If you are a health care worker, then this course will serve as a basic module.
We can come to you and deliver the training at your premises for learners.